For any Interpretive Site, there should be significant overlap between the Architects or Building Designers and the Experience or Interpretive Designers. With the Statement of Purpose in place, and the Visitor Experience Planning underway, initial Concept Design thinking has the proper foundations to begin. Working hand-in-hand with the city, the community, and additional experts, we will create an integrated architectural framework to support this important interpretive mission.
Most importantly, as this is a project with local impact, community feedback is crucial. Concept Design options will be presented to the community in order to garner feedback and consultation.
- Conceptual Programming Document in conjunction with the Visitor Experience Plan.
- Architectural Programming
- Landscape Programming
- Initial Archaeological Programming and Interface Recommendations
- Conceptual Site Rendering Package
- Site Plan
- Conceptual Elevations and Massing
- Connectivity to adjacent surrounds, Richmond Slave Trail and Shockoe Bottom